New Activation Process
To activate the AMBER Alert Plan in Missouri, law enforcement agencies must ensure the following criteria are met:
- 1. Law enforcement officials have a reasonable belief that an abduction has occurred, which meets the definition in RSMo. 565.110 or 565.115.
- 2. Law enforcement officials believe there is a credible threat of serious bodily injury or death to the victim.
- 3. Enough descriptive information exists about the victim and the abductor for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert.
- 4. The victim of the abduction is a child age 17 years or younger.
- 5. The child's name and other critical data elements - including the child abduction (CA) flag - have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
Missouri AMBER Alert Activation Form is available here for local law enforcement agencies.