2017 Courses of Instruction
- September 18-29, 2017
Prerequisite: The successful completion of an advanced crash investigation course.
Course Description: Many trained peace officers have difficulty getting their crash investigation findings admitted into court. This course is designed to help overcome this difficulty by enabling a well-trained peace officer to qualify as an expert and give expert testimony in a court of law relative to the causation factors in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Crash reconstruction instructors provide training to students through lectures, projects, and in-depth analysis of actual collisions. A student who successfully completes this course will be able to give expert testimony in the following areas:
- Speed of vehicles at impact using conservation of linear momentum;
- Behavior of vehicles in a collision using Newton's three laws of motion;
- The effect of weight shift in braking involving large trucks and buses, including truck-tractor/semi-trailer combinations;
- The effect of anti-skid braking systems in stopping distances and braking action;
- The determination of direction of travel, initial contact, and position of vehicles on the roadway through the interpretation of vehicles damage and the analysis of at-scene marks and evidence.
Who Should Attend: This course is designed for peace officers and individuals responsible for investigating motor vehicle crashes.
Tuition/Registration Fees: Registration fees are due by the first day of class. If fees are not paid in full prior to completion of class, certificates and continuing education hours will not be issued unless payment is received.
- $507 - tuition, meals, and lodging
- $375 - tuition and meals
- $1,275 - tuition, meals, and lodging (federal, private, and non-Missouri agencies)
- $910 - tuition and meals (federal, private, and non-Missouri agencies)
Continuing Education Hours:
- 60 hours of Technical Studies
- 8 hours of Skill Development
Mineral Area College Credit:
- Sergeant Eric Keim
For questions concerning enrollment:
- Jeanette Ford
- 573-751-3626 or