Commercial Vehicle Officer Minimum Requirements
- Be a citizen of the United States when Commercial Vehicle Officer training begins.
- Be a graduate of a four-year high school or obtain a certificate of equivalency recognized by the Missouri Department of Education (i.e., G.E.D.).
- Possess Missouri Class A POST License or qualify for the Missouri Class A POST Veteran Officer Exam.
- Be of good character, with no felony convictions or crime involving moral turpitude, no pending indictments, or certain misdemeanor offenses including any involving aggressive or violent behavior (i.e., domestic violence, criminal assault, etc.), disregard for the safety of others, or the misuse of deadly weapons.
- Be free of objectionable tattoos/brands. No tattoos/brands are permitted on the head, neck, hands, wrists, or any part of the body which would be visible during movements in the performance of their duties while wearing any official uniform or civilian attire. Tattoos and/or brands on any part of the body will be completely covered and not visible while on duty.
- Possess a valid Driver's License from your state of residence at the time of hiring.
- Possess ordinary physical strength.
- Pass the physical and mental examinations prescribed by the superintendent.
- Pass a battery of validated tests within the Commercial Vehicle Officer Selection Process.
Selection Process Outline
- Written Examination
- Physical Agility Testing
- Oral Interview
- Background Investigation
- Background Review
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Medical Examination
- Drug Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Final Offer of Employment
- Overall Application Packet Review
- 6-week Training Academy
The Missouri State Highway Patrol is an Equal Opportunity Employer