2019 Courses of Instruction
HANDGUN SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- April 17, 2019
- May 1, 2019
- May 7, 2019
Prerequisite: For MSHP Personnel only
Course Description: This 4-hour block of instruction is designed to improve handgun skills for police officers. This course will focus on tasks that officers will likely be required to perform in the event of a deadly use of force situation involving their issued duty pistol. The Tasks, Conditions, and Standards (TCS) are adopted from the Sig Sauer Academy Master Pistol Instructor Course. As with all firearms courses, special emphasis towards the safe handling of firearms will be paramount.
At the conclusion of this block of training, the student will be able to:
- Recite, from memory, the four cardinal (fundamental) rules of firearms safety.
- Demonstrate through practical exercises, their ability to safely load, unload, unholster, re-holster, and fire their assigned duty pistol, while adhering to the cardinal firearms rules.
Who Should Attend: Officers performing enforcement activities.
Continuing Education Hours:
- 4 hours of Technical Studies
Mineral Area College Credit:
- Sergeant Aaron Griffin
- 573-751-9941 of email@example.com
- Jeanette Ford
- 573-751-3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org