- Responsible for coordinating, planning and analyzing the traffic and patrol functions
of the nine geographic troops.
- Responsible for the annual operating budget, presenting requests, and ensuring
that funding is spent appropriately.
- Responsible for enforcing the laws, rules and regulations for the state
dealing with commercial vehicles.
- Provides superior forensic science services and technical support to all law
- Maintains the Automated Fingerprint Identification System, Computerized
Criminal History System and the Sex Offender Registry, which combined represent
the Central Repository for all fingerprint-based criminal record information
within the State of Missouri. Also houses the Access Integrity Unit, which
is responsible for training and monitoring compliance with system accesses, as
well as collecting Uniform Crime Reporting data.
- Provides an effective program of driver testing.
- The investigative branch of The Criminal Investigation Bureau.
- Directs the assignment, maintenance, replacement, and general
operation of the Patrol's fleet.
- Responsible for regulating Missouri's gaming industry relating to
riverboat gambling, bingo, and horse racing.
- Responsible for the transportation, security, and protection of the
Governor and his immediate family.
- Recruits, tests, selects, and maintains records of employees; monitors
agency personnel policies and actions to ensure compliance with federal and
state laws and regulations; and coordinates the Patrol's retirement,
evaluation, and promotional systems.
- Maintains and operates a 24-hour communications system located throughout
the state. Develops and operates computer systems for criminal justice agencies
at both the state and local levels of government.
- Trains and tests inspector/mechanics to ensure proper inspections.
- Serves as a data repository of statewide motor vehicle accident
reports, convictions of alcohol and drug-related traffic offenses, and
dispositions on MSHP traffic arrests.
- Ensures the integrity of the Patrol and its personnel through a
comprehensive and objective process.
- Prepares and disseminates information to the public; fields questions
from the public and media; and provides educational programs.
- Responsible for maintaining accreditation; forms management; staff
inspections; and managing written directives and property control system.
- Responsible for providing traffic safety and criminal justice information
and research services.
- Recommends curricula for recruit and in-service programs and
conducts courses of instruction for civilian personnel.
- Responsible for protection and service of Missouri waters through law
enforcement and education.